|Join Cediland / LOGIN! / Profile / #Trending |
Stats: 389 members, 51 topics. Date: Monday, 21st October 2019. Time:03:46:20pm
|I won’t remain silent on the many ills in Ghana – Rawlings by draj: 4:37 pm On August 30, 2019|
Former President Jerry John Rawlings denied reports that he has gone silent on the many ills in Ghana because of the support the government gives to his charity works.
A statement issued by the office of Rawlings and signed by his Secretary, Kobina Andoh Amoakwa said it is “unfortunate and distasteful, the inference that owing to the support of the Chief of Staff’s office, the former President has remained silent on the many ills in the Ghanaian society.”
It said Rawlings’ charitable gestures have received the support of past government with the exception of President Kufuor’s.
The statement also described Rawlings as someone who “speaks his mind and it is inappropriate, incorrect and inaccurate to make such unfounded conclusions.”
Here’s the full statement:
REACTION TO PUBLICATION ON FORMER PRESIDENT’S CHARITABLE VENTURES
The attention of the Office of former President Jerry John Rawlings has been drawn to a publication in the Friday, August 23, 2019 edition of your newspaper headlined, “Rawlings Confirms Receiving Goodies From Presidency”.
While acknowledging your attempt to inform the public about the former President’s charitable endeavours, we find it unfortunate and distasteful, the inference that owing to the support of the Chief of Staff’s office, the former President has remained silent on the many ills in the Ghanaian society.
It will interest you to know that the former President’s charitable gestures which are well documented, have received the support of past government Chiefs of Staff with the exception of President Kufuor’s. By virtue of his political nature and what he stands for as well as being the most accessible former President, he is literally inundated with requests for help. It will be blind of most governments to be unaware of the burden of these requests.
To conjecture that any form of support has the potential to influence the former President’s thought process is absurd. Former President Rawlings often speaks his mind and it is inappropriate, incorrect and inaccurate to make such unfounded conclusions from a statement released from our office on a presentation made to a former National Democratic Congress Member of Parliament who has dedicated most of her life to the good of her society.
Kobina Andoh Amoakwa (Executive Secretary)
1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Cediland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
3. Don't threaten, support or DEFEND violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group (e.g. rape).
4. Discussions of the art of love-making should be restricted to the hidden sexuality section.
5. Don't post pornographic or disgusting pictures or videos on any section of Cediland.
6. Don't say, do, or THREATEN to do anything that's detrimental to the security, success, or reputation of Cediland.
7. Don't post false information on Cediland Forum.
8. Don't use Cediland Forum for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting secession.
9. Don't violate the privacy of any people e.g. by posting their private pics, info, or chats without permission.
10. Don't create distracting posts with: ALL WORDS BOLD / huge font sizes / ALL CAPS / distracting imagesspaces, etc.
11. Please search the forum before creating a new thread on Cediland.
12. Don't attempt to post censored words by misspelling them.
13. Don't spam the forum by advertising in the wrong places or posting the same content many times.
14. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
You must be logged in to post a comment.